Information and documentation
The Living Farms information and documentation centre conserves indigenous technology and knowledge of the local food and farming system.
To make the efforts of our fieldwork last, we document our experiences and results. It is important to write down traditional knowledge, otherwise it will be lost. We want to share this with farmers, organisations, scientists, academics... to help raise questions.
A brief overview of the items we are documenting
- indigenous technology and knowledge
- local crops and wild food sources
- food production and processing
- seed selection and storage
- nutrition and health care
- water harvesting and storage
Our eco-library contains various books, newspaper and magazine clippings, journals and audio-visual material of the last 50 years.
We collect and share information, with a focus on:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Food & livelihood security,
- Health & Nutrition,
- Science & Technology,
- Trade & Economy,
- International Cooperation and related areas in respect of Rural Development.
The documents in our eco-library have a geographical focus on Orissa/Eastern ghats, Central Dry Region and Tropical Asia.
Foreign students have already used our information centre in the past.
Anyone who wants more information can contact us.
In the future we want to do research on issues related to food sovereignty.